Time. Overrated or not?


The most discussed subject is the issue of "time". We're always hearing about "no time for this" or "no time for that". Could it be that time is completely overrated? I ask myself this because it seems that I spend a great deal of my day thinking "will I have time to do some writing today" or "I don't think I'll have time to take the girls to the park". Or some mundane instance where "time" has taken me and all the ideas, things or desires that I would like to engage in hostage. I place this unrealistic notion that if "time" doesn't permit, then I cannot do it. Whatever it may be. Of course there is the scheduled time and appointments that come into play also but what is all the fuss, I say? Today I got up at 8:40 a.m. For some that may be too late and for others too early. Today I had breakfast at 9:30 a.m. and the same thing applies. My point? Things happen on their "own time". Not when we want or say they do. I write when it's right. Not when I say I need to because it's 3 o'clock in the afternoon. It wasn't the clock that told me, it was the moment that did. I give birth when my body is ready to and not when a person feels it's "time" for me to do so. We make new friends because it happens and not because we said "it's time for a new friend". So, in all sense of the matter, perhaps "time" is overrated and we need to just let it go and let it be, for the "time" being :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs