Current chaos

I'm craving a slower simpler life because my current chaos is simply draining. There are always too many fires to put out, never enough of the 'grossly overrated' time people are always talking about (such a cliché) and then there's the never ending droning of what 'didn't' get done.

I find myself feeling in a constant state of longing for something else, new, better, different, bold, away, far far away from all of the chaos that surrounds me. I know that 'normal' really doesn't exist but slower and simpler DOES. I want that-- slower and simpler.

How can I get there?

Oftentimes I feel like I've hit a plateau in terms of accomplishments. I'm not talking about the long-term ones but rather, the ones within reach. The ones that make you feel good at the end of the day or the end of the month. The ones that remind you that so much of what you're doing matters and is taking place for a really good reason.

Is it just me?

{random doodle by me}

My sweet DH is constantly trying to juggle his own chaos, which inevitably spills into one trying to keep their wits about them. There is not one thing that will ever come easy. Not. A. Thing.

Back to the current chaos issue: When does it get better? When does the dust start to settle? When does it all fall into place? When?

Seems like nothing makes sense and perhaps it's due to too much wading through the minutiae of life or better, all the chaos.

New goal: A heaping dose of slower and simpler, please. 


I guess most of us are simply doing our best... whatever that means. 

1 comment:

Corine said...

Can totally relate- especially that list of "still-need-to-do's" that can weigh you down. The truth is, I can't remember a time it wasn't like this, so as much as slower sounds nice- i don't know if I'd know what to do with myself if I had it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs