Early song

I awoke to a little voice singing a made up song next to my ear, she was bouncing a little stuffed penguin on my pillow.

"It's morning, it's morning, mama!" Kalina said to me in between her made up lyrics.

"I know." I said with a smile and still trying to open my eyes little by little.

She continued her song, her golden curls cascading all around her neck... "Today is a beautiful day and I'm bouncing away. I love my sweet, sweet mama and today is the morning... I like today, I like the day and I'm a sweet penguin that wants to go home. I like you, mama." 


I hugged her close to me, her little body fitting like the perfect piece to a jigsaw puzzle into the curve of my torso. I inhaled the scent of her soft hair before she wriggled out.


I simply lay watching her. A slight glimmer of sunlight peered into the room from the corner of a window. If the scent of her sweet skin were colors, they'd be a mix of yellow and baby blue, yellow for its subtle quality and baby blue for its delicate nature.

Today, on my 35th birthday, this simple little moment is what I'll look back at and remember. The mundane quiet morning that grabbed my attention and allowed me to feel the joy of my daughter's giggles and happiness. It was the perfect gift to my day...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs