My Moon...


9/8/09

Dear Luna Mia:

Four years ago today your light shone through me. I held your soft chubby little body against my breasts while we were surrounded in warm water and felt the universe spin my world into a dance of love for you. The overwhelming joy you have brought into my life is almost difficult to put into words my sweet Luna. Your genuine smile illuminates me in my darkest hours and your compassion puts me at ease beside my fears. You are a mirror into my heart and I cherish the moments that bring me the pleasure to be able to mother you.
In the past year, you have grown from the baby girl that observed before she took a chance to now feeling confident that you are and can do anything your heart desires. You have a thriving love of dance and an infinite creative imagination of a pure, joyful and splendid spirit. Your self-directed storybook moment’s grip my attention into your magical world of play and takes me along the ride that I so longed to partake in as a young girl. I no longer need to feel that loss because I have you. I am privileged to be an admirer of your world and happiness. Your laughter is medicine to my woes and your gaze is a mysterious window into your soul. I am lucky to be your mother because as your beautiful name implies, you are my moon.
I have only but to look forward to the joys and sweet challenges that your unique self will bring me. Your gifts have opened up places in my heart that I thought never existed and have left me looking forward to all the ways that you will make me a better observer, listener and participant into your beautiful existence. Happy 4th Birthday, my moon, my daughter, my friend… I love you always and all ways, Mommy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs