If I were a {crayon}

image via 'mental floss'
The girls decided that my husband and I should dress up as Crayola Crayons for Halloween.  They thought it would be funny (and cool) so we inevitably obliged their request.  I wanted to pick my own colored crayon costume but the girls had their own ideas about this as well.  Ultimately, they picked 'Tickled Pink' (which definitely was not my first choice).

So this whole 'crayon' thing got me thinking...Hmmm...if I were a crayon, what color would I be?

I thought about it for about one minute.  At first, I was between colors but then, it came to me.

Orange.

Orange is the color I would be if I were a crayon.

Not 'Burnt Orange' or 'Mango Tango' or 'Outrageously Orange'

No, just Orange.

Why orange?


According to how I view myself is how I came to my conclusion:

Orange is a warm color.  It reminds me of the sun and it's powerful properties.  It's positively enthusiastic, bravely bold and contemplatively creative.  (It's no wonder I choose the color orange for my creative space in my home).  Orange is curious and thoughtful and makes it's mark where ever it's splashed, brushed on, held, worn or admired.  Orange stimulates the appetite both for food and learning.  It holds a spiritual connection as it is a holy color in India and Nepal.  It is powerful and at the same token it can be gentle when it's shades are toned down.  An earthy shade that is seen and vibrant in Autumn.

Orange is stunning and unforgettable...(perhaps it's why prisoners wear it, you know, for the psychological effects of it).

I love the color orange and I also believe that it loves me.  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs