Your life is your poem

I was asked if I write poetry. "Yes." I responded.

I've been writing poetry since I was about twelve. I never cared to share my poetry thoughts with anyone because I simply wrote them for myself.

Poetry, like books, saved me more than once.

I think that most people cringe at the thought of poetry because they think that it needs to be understood and interpreted into prose. This is not so. Poetry is personal and deep and moving and inspiring and heartbreaking all at once.

It can be simple or long or short or complicated. It can be anything you want it to be because your thoughts and your emotions are what makes it breathe.

Breathe. Life. Into Poetry.

I resort to poetry during random moments, overwhelming moments, silent or alone moments and even moments that I'm afraid to one day forget.

We all have a story. Whether we choose to share it or not is a personal matter. Oftentimes, while in deep thought or reflective moments, I hear myself thinking in poetry. My thoughts form like stanzas and repetitive verses or occasionally rhyme without intending to.

Some call poetry a form of therapy. Others see it for simple creative beauty or a small crevice into the mind of a person or poet.

For me, poetry is my life. It's your life. It encompasses all the beautiful, the ugly, the mundane, the magical, the inspiring, the wonder, the happiness, the sadness and so much more that we feel, experience, see or imagine.

Your life is your poem. Write it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs