Distance and home

The girls and I have been away from home only since last Friday but it feels like forever.

I miss my darling husband and his kisses.  I miss my dog and her barking.  I miss my baby bunny and his hopping.  I miss the scent of my room and my pillow.

This is what distance does.  It makes you miss stuff.  It also makes you appreciate and love all of those things even more.

The girls are having the time of their lives.  Visiting our family this time has been a true wonder.  My aunt and uncle treat me more like a daughter and my girls like their granddaughters because their hearts are just so very special.  This is how they are, loving, gentle, generous and available for us.  I could not have asked for anything more genuine but more so, belonging to me by blood.  This is the feeling I've often searched for—a family that I belong to.  

I am home.  It feels great.  It is what I've always hoped I had somewhere.

This is what my family is like... simple & happy

Happiness in a cherry blossom tree...

Family is togetherness even after a long distance... (Chris and Me with Kalina and Luna) 

Family is silly moments that last a lifetime... (Chris & Kalina)

Family is laughing and sharing...

Family is making memories and looking at past ones...

Family is this... colorful.

Happiness with a loose tooth!

Happiness is getting to wear as many band-aids as we want... thanks to family that spoil us! 

So far, my 'parents' have given me an opportunity to peek into the love and adoration they've always had for me.  I miss my home, yes, but I would not want to miss any more of all this here.  For this, I am eternally grateful and thrilled.   

1 comment:

Grachu said...

Que lindo Vane !!!! cuanto me alegro que estes disfrutando de tu familia como nunca,siempre llena de felicidad el reencuentro con afectos tan genuinos,se nota que estan felices !!!!!!!!! te quiero !!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs