An ounce

I don't know why this surprises me but it never fails to amaze me how the simplest of moments can become incredibly special.  

I'm talking about sharing quality time and moments with those that genuinely love you.  It really doesn't matter what you're doing or where you're at because what matters is how you feel while in these moments.

Joy.

"If you can enjoy the smallest moments then all it takes is an ounce 
to truly experience joy..."-Uncle Julio (Poppa)

{Laughter is joy}

When you experience the tender moments of love a person has held for you no matter how much time has passed and how now they are transmitting all of that same love to your children, there is nothing left to wonder or contemplate because pure joy has been returned in the smallest of forms.  A priceless gift.


Grateful.

Each of my daughters are a small reminder of what once was, a little me.  It's sweet and it's special to my aunt and uncle.  Still, they know that the girls are their own little people but it touches their hearts to have this moment in time, this ounce of joy and this small reminder and small piece of me.
Getting to know each one of them has allowed another chance and opportunity to spread their love, only now times three.

Love.

I'm beyond happy for the time the girls have been able to have with them.  It's what I wanted.

We invest in those we cherish.

I feel like I'm sharing this investment with my girls because they will forever reap the benefits of who these two very special people are to me.  The interest appreciates with every giggle, smile and each moment of joy.

Sometimes, all it takes is small doses of a good thing to make a lasting impact.    


{Soaking in the joy of life}




{Above is a chalk drawn 3D sidewalk art celebrating the Macon Cherry Blossom Festival}

Family.

We don't always get what we want or sometimes what we expect but it's up to us to make the absolute best of what we have.  I was telling my uncle how I've become selective with whom I choose to interact with, share my life with and invest my energy into.  Not every person will value an authentic relationship and well, that's okay because I'll still hold compassion for these individuals.  We cannot change a single person but we surely can choose how we comport ourselves.  For me, simple is always better and I've cherished every moment I've been given thus far.

At the end of it all, it just takes an ounce of joy to make an enormous difference.


{Inside the first train station circa 1940's}

Joy.  Absolute joy is what I've been offered during this vacation and reunion and I've gladly and thankfully accepted it.  Joy is love.  Joy is simple.  All it takes is an ounce.  Joy is all this...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs