{celebration} & flu


Birthday girl Luna and her (Mommy made) princess cake... 

     Last week was rough for me.  I started my week out perfectly fine but then all started to spiral on Tuesday night.  First it was a raspy throat.  Then the raspy throat turned into a sore one.  After about six cups of Throat Coat Tea with Echinacea, I was completely out of commission because the fever started, the body aches came on, the headache expanded and before I knew it I was dressed in full winter get up and the sneezing fit made my eyes look like I had been smoking some serious weed.  Yup, all the lovely sick symptoms.  Not fun.

     On top of all this, it was our little Luna's 6th birthday last week as well.  It was on Thursday (9/8) and I had planned to make her a spectacular princess Cinderella fondant cake (at her request).  Oh, yes, that's another thing I love to do, make fondant cakes.  A hobby, really.  Luckily, I had baked the cake on Tuesday morning and then went into the evening lathering on the icing to later stick the fondant onto it.  I was so excited about this cake because it was my first standing doll fondant cake EVER.  I had gone to Target on Sunday to buy her a simple Cinderella barbie doll for $6.99.  I hadn't rested.  I was exhausted.  I kept myself going because a birthday princess was counting on her mama to make her cake and I just couldn't let her down, flu or not.  I figured, she's only turning 6 once.

     I was able to muster out strength (from I don't know where) to finish decorating her princess cake.  Of course, I took several breaks in between.  Something that would have normally taken me a few hours ended up taking up an entire day but it was worth it in the end.  When she saw the finished product, all she could say was 'Oh Mommy! WOW!'  When these words came out of her little mouth, I was cured! (well, not really but close!) For a few seconds I forgot how terrible I felt.  I forgot about my sore throat.  I forgot about my headache.  I forgot that every eight seconds I had to blow some snots out (blah...).  The things we do for our children.


Princess Cinderella cake for Luna's 6th Birthday (yes, the dove on her hand is edible)



A princess for a little princess... 


I embossed this print on her dress to make it more dreamy... 


I had to place a little slipper there...she was thrilled



My sweet daughter on her 6th birthday, September 8th.  Happy 6th Birth-day sweet little Luna Mia.  
Can you say, 'Happy, happy, joy, joy!!?'  

1 comment:

Holly McCord said...

it's really beautiful, vanessa!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs