{marshmallows} yummy structures

Who does't love marshmallows?  Oh put your hand down, you know you keep a stash in your bra drawer!  So soft and gooey and squishy and sweet and fun!  That's right.  Fun.

The Marshmallow Project:


  • 1 bag of mini marshmallows
  • box of flat toothpicks (less prickly)
  • curious little fingers
  • lot's of giggles
  • estimated 'focus time': 25 minutes



The girls made their very own marshmallow structures


hmmm...which one should I eat first? 


total focus


happy


to marshmallow & beyond!


stick will you! (no pun intended)


busy fingers & minds


perfectionist Luna


inventive Sabrina


curious Kalina


little hands and little mallows


balancing act


still perfecting her connections


joy


and they're up! 


gimme, gimme, gimme more marshmallows!


okay, fine, I'll eat the ones on the stick then! And she did...


she'd rather collect them on a plate


Luna & Sabrina's, respectively







5 comments:

Keesha said...

I love this craft idea. Simple, inexpensive and mess free. Just as long as my little boy doesn't poke out his sisters eye. Oh - I hate being the mom who sees potential danger everywhere, but you know how it goes. Still, I think I'll try it. Thanks!

From an uncrafty dancing mom at
www.momsnewstage.blogspot.com/

Vanessa Jubis said...

Hi Keesha!

Thank you! Nice to meet you. The girls were thrilled to use marshmallows as a project. Perhaps another option for your little ones would be to grab a piece of construction paper, mini and medium marshmallows, and let them lick them to then stick it on the paper. It will stick and make a cute picture in order to avoid the toothpicks.

Thanks for stopping by. I went to your lovely blog and peeked around as well :)

Cheers!
Vanessa

Keesha said...

Hi Vanessa-

Nice to meet you too! Thanks for your response, and your suggestions. You've inspired me to get more creative and crafty with my kids!

So glad you checked out my blog as well, and that you liked it.

I loved reading a little about you. We have a lot in common. It sounds like you have children who are close in age? Mine are 18 months apart. And after college I had planned to dance for a few years and then go to law school. That didn't happen, however, unlike you I didn't pursue a grad degree in dance.

I wish you great luck with your writing, and blogging as well. I love my blog, and am trying hard to nurture my newest baby, but it's hard not to let it take over my life!

Best,
Keesha

Vanessa Jubis said...

Thanks Keesha!

Yes, my first two are 20 months apart. It was difficult at first but it gets much easier as they grow (thank goodness, LOL!). Thank you for 'joining' my blog, I'm forever grateful :)

How funny about our commonalities, that's great! I too am glad that I didn't go to Law School (not that I think it's bad). By the way, your pregnancy photo in your about, is FABULOUS. I loved it!

Yes, blogs become another baby we must nurture, I agree with you.

Thank you again. I'm always happy to make another 'blogger mama friend.' I look forward to reading more of your blog and I'm also glad I was able to bring you a little 'crafty' inspiration. Good luck to you too mama!

Cheers,
Vanessa

Keesha said...

It is indeed a pleasure to meet another "blogger mama friend." That has been the second best thing about blogging (aside from the creative part :).

Good luck to you and I look forward to reading more of your blog!

Best,
Keesha

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs