Insane Mama {Asylum style}

I've never shared this tid bit about myself but here goes...I'm a member of the Insanity Asylum people.

No silly, I'm not a cuckoo! But that's completely subjective.  You know, the Beachbody workouts!

Back in March of this year I started the first round of many workouts with Beachbody.  I took on the 90 day challenge of P90X and got spectacular results.  It was not easy but it got progressively better.  My experience proved that when you have serious follow through, it gets you the results you want.


P90X Week 1 (Day 1) Starting weight: 152 lbs.

Here are my results! 


P90X Week 12 (Day 6) Weight: 132 
I lost 20 lbs in 12 weeks! I also gained tone and muscle.  

After this  round of P90X, I took a week off and then started Insanity: The Asylum.  It's a 30 day challenge at high intensity.  My schedule got side tracked on week 3 of IA and I'd end up playing catch up.  But I continued with my workouts.  Then I inevitably got the flu and was workout-less for about 3 weeks.  I hated being so sick! It bummed me out, big time.  After I recovered from the flu and then sinusitis and later a hacking dry cough, I simply gave myself a flu recovery week as well.  I didn't want to push myself to the point of lowering my defenses again.  

Please tell us how in the world do you find time to workout? 
First, I dislike Gym's.  Second, I homeschool.  Third, I prefer working out in the comfort of my home.  Lastly, I make the time no-matter-what.  Working out is to me like what bold coffee is to a sleep deprived parent.  I cannot function well without it and I fucking love it! Now, there are days when the girls drive me insane but I know that I'll be all the better for it if I release my overwhelmed energy by working out.  But overall, I'm COMMITTED.  Period.    

Today, I was finally able to jump back into the game and start my 30 day Insanity: The Asylum challenge.  I was blown away with my muscle memory and my body's ability to start back up without struggling after 3 weeks of nothing!  

Here are some sneak peeks at my workouts
Warning: Viewer exhaustion advised

Below was on 8/15/11: In and Out Ab Progression



Day 1: Here I am on 9/26/11 doing 'bear crawls'.  This move has a weird name and I probably look weird crawling toward the screen too.    




Also 9/26/11...(one of the last sets.  Whew! I was spent!)





So here's to Day 1 of my exercise challenge! I'll post more before and after pics of this insane workout.

  
One Insane Mama {Asylum Style}


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You looked great before, but your arms - wow! Fabulous. This post was so inspiring. Way to go, girl!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs