IUD-ilemma!

I have three lovely little ladies.  Duh, old news...

I a-d-o-r-e my girls.  You know, like the kind of adoration of every minuscule cell in their little bodies kind of adore.  I especially love that this mama right here, typing this post, gathering her thoughts, used her 'vagina might' to birth each and every one of them (naturally and drug-free).

I always wanted three divas daughters.  Girls.  Love em'.  My husband.  Same.  He makes girls.  I grow them.

So now.  We.  Are.  Done.

BUT

Which brings us to...

You see, I have this coppery little device in the odd shape of a 'T' (ParaGard) that's floating around in my uterus and it's driving me fucking delirious bonkers.  I've been having these strange symptoms for what I believe to be several, several, several, several, several months now.  WTF!  Yes, this has become an enormous (but 'T' shaped) IUD-ilemma for me!

I'll admit it, I've been lazy in the past about following my fertility signals the 'natural' way.  This was why I opted for the obvious.  I know what to do, I simply never made it a point to 'take charge of my fertility.'

My funky symptoms have been gradually increasing with time.  It'll be two years this September that I had the IUD shot into my vacant uterus.  At first, I thought it was the most incredible, hassle free, super easy and convenient little device on the planet.  Ask me what I think of it now?


What do you think of it now? Ahhhh!!!! Get this fucking thing out of me! Here is what I've been experiencing.  * And before you say, 'oh that's just stress from having three kids, a home, a husband, a dog, a million projects, yada, yada, yada.'  I say, 'no', I KNOW my body and my intuition is pretty right on 'always' *
  • depression 
  • anxiety
  • moody (Ogre like-Argggg)
  • mild heart palpitations
  • little motivation
  • easily overwhelmed
  • lagging libido (which totally fucking  sucks!) 
  • cramps here and there (not before cycle)
  • random spotting (very very lite)
  • insanely heavy periods (gross)
I was following a thread on IUD removal on Mothering Magazine's website and it seems that I'm not the only person with these symptoms from an IUD.  The interesting thing is that the ParaGard site does not list all side effects.  ????????? Why the eff not?! Whatever, this crap sucks and I no longer want it inhabiting my u-t-e-r-u-s! Out, out, out!

I'm determined to re-learn the 'natural family planning' methods.  My two study guides are 'Taking Charge of Your Fertility' and 'Your Fertility Signals' which are both great books.   Until then, I'll be hoping to get the soonest appointment to have this thing REMOVED! 



Do you have an IUD?  If so, have you experienced anything similar?  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't have an IUD, but one of my closest friends does. She just loves it, no complaints! Still, I say hell to the no every time she tries to talk me into getting one.

That said, I have ALL of the same symptoms you do. I am the mom of nearly 6 year old twin girls. For the past 6 months or so I've been having horrid periods and all of the other stuff you mention.

At my last exam I asked my doctor about it and she said it was hormonal. I've gained 20 lbs. over 4 years and she says the extra weight affects hormones in all of those ways.

So now I am dieting. Joys.

(Nice to meet you. I clicked through on TheMomBlogs.

Kathy P. said...

Vanessa, if you're truly done having kids, I would HIGHLY recommend getting an endometrial ablation. While it doesn't mess with your natural hormonal cycle at all, it basically burns off your endometrial lining to where your physical symptoms (heavy bleeding, etc.) are virtually gone, AND, you're no longer able to have a baby. I had this done about 2 years ago and the difference has been amazing.

I had the ablation done in addition to the tubal I had done when I had my last baby because I didn't want to deal with the pill, which did alter hormones and made me have most of the symptoms you describe. I wanted my body to go back to its natural hormonal cycles. So, with the tubal and now the ablation, no hormone alteration and no worries of conceiving.

I personally never subscribed to natural family planning because I believe God made our natural cycles to want to jump our DH's bones at our most fertile times, so why fight the natural urge? You may likely find yourself wanting to say "screw it" (no pun intended) and throwing caution to the wind because your natural cycle is begging for it. My natural cycle is so predictable that my hubby can tell exactly where I am at any given time of the month, and why I may or may not be motivated, if you know what I mean ;).

Vanessa Jubis said...

Hi Jen! So nice to meet you too! Thank you for commenting here. Good for you for NOT getting the IUD. You read my experience, LOL!

I've meet many moms that experience the 'hormonal' issues that you mentioned. I think it's great that you're tackling the weight. I would highly recommend you visit www.mercola.com to get some more info on the hormonal imbalances you're having. Most of the time it's nutritional. You may find some interesting articles there to guide you.

Cheers!
Vanessa

Vanessa Jubis said...

Hi Kathy!

I've never heard of the endometrial ablation. Interesting! I'll ask about it.

Yeah, the fertility awareness method has it's pro and cons. Of course, when your body wants the most sex is when you're 'doomed' if you falter! LOL!

We'll see how it goes... I'm sure you'll be reading about it here at some point, LOL! :)

Thanks Kathy!

Vanessa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs