a poem...

March 2003: Pre-wedding photo

(for EJ)

Only if...
If you were yarn, I'd weave you into a beautiful scarf and then you'd always keep me warm...

If you were a button, I'd sew you to my favorite blouse and then you'd always keep me from falling apart...

If you were shoelaces, I'd thread you into my toughest sneakers and then you'd always keep me grounded...

If you were reading glasses, I'd wear you even if I didn't need to and then you'd always help me to see things for what they are...

If you were a linen cloth, I'd fold you neatly, tuck you into my purse and take you out in moments of joy or sadness because then you'd always dry my tears...

If you were a gentle breeze, I'd stand outside and wait for you to caress my cheek, like a wisp of hair and then you'd always remind me of the simple yet beautiful things in life...

If you were a rain droplet, I'd hold my hand out and allow you to fall into my open palm and then you'd always know that I too could catch you when you fall...

If you were a fallen leaf, I'd gently pick you up off the ground, tuck you into my favorite novel and then every time I'd open that book, you'd allow me to remember that you were once a beautiful, vibrant and living treasure...

If there were one thing that I no longer had to wish for, it would be to wish for you... because you see, you are all of my dreams, desires, joys and all the mundane in between...I love you more and more each day...

vj
2.4.11

(poem to my husband...)


March 2003

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs