Playing Favorites

I noticed something the other day.  Something I've been doing for some time now.

I noticed that I write a whole lot about my eldest daughter, Sabrina.  Right here on my blog.

I began to worry when I noticed this.  Why?  Because I have two younger daughters.

The thought of 'inadvertently' playing favorites did not sit well with me.

I began to question myself about the reasons why I do this.  I began to doubt my ability to be fair.
I began to think of all the ways that my two younger daughters will one day say, 'Yeah mom, it looks like we weren't good enough 'content' for you!' or 'Mom, talk about having a favorite!'

The thought nearly brought me to tears.  As if I need one more thing to question myself on?

I feel as if my work here is single faceted with respect to my experience with only one of my daughters.

Let it be known that I love all THREE of my daughters, EQUALLY.

I don't favor one from the other.

I don't think that either of them is better than the other.

I don't play favorites.  Or do I?

I try to include snip bits of my other two daughters but perhaps my eldest just has more for me to write about.  Still, I don't like the idea of writing less about the younger two.

What will my daughters think of me one day?
Will they question the 'why' behind my writing here?  I don't know...?

After all, they WILL read this blog because it's going to be here, forever.

The one thing I know for sure is that THEY are the reason I write here.  THEY are my inspiration. THEY are my muse.  THEY are why I bring the magical and the mundane together.

I want them to know that no matter what they think, I've always made it a point to photograph them in their silliest moments or even video tapped them doing something I found to be wonderful.

Kalina's, 'Lettuce' eat! 



 
Luna's off the cuff lyrics.  
These are the small moments that inspire wonder in this mama. 

I love you, Sabrina.

I love you, Luna.

I love you, Kalina.

Mama is not playing favorites because my favorite thing of all is mothering all three of you.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs