To the Unsilenced

Image via Google


Today, I am UnSilenced.  Again.

I voiced my story to the world and again, I. am. heard.

My heart will always be heavy but my voice will NEVER be silenced.

This is my call to the 'silenced' ones... come and BE heard.

Our pain is REAL.  Our pain is RAW.  Our pain is NOT our fault.

No matter how much time passes or how many times you remind yourself that the 'little person' that those awful things happened to is now stronger, braver and loved more than ever, it will never erase the images and emotions that seared a permanent scar onto the soul.

I carry myself with the confidence to know that I AM a survivor because I AM brave and
I AM strong.

I also KNOW that in no way shape or form am I defined by WHAT happened TO ME but more what I CHOOSE to be.  My VOICE is heard loud and clear.

My daughters know what I, their mother, has experienced and how I have leaped forward in spite of my pain.

My daughters will understand all the troubled moments I have gone through because they will NEVER have to experience the terror and shame of abuse, so long as I am their mother.

My duty to them is to continue to be open and honest and raw.  Authenticity IS the cornerstone to my mothering them.

Another voice, I am.  Another 'unsilenced' survivor, I will always be.
Another echo of pain clearing the way...

The soul that resides in this body of mine will continue to move forward and BE heard no matter what lies ahead because this VOICE of mine, will NOT shut up.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs