Brilliant and paperless

I was talking to a super sweet and super duper awesome mama friend of mine the other day and she was sharing with me how she handles the whole 'wrapping' of the Christmas 'morning' gifts.

(insert Light Bulb-'Tink')

She doesn't spend any time whatsoever wrapping ANY of her kids gifts!

None.

Zero.

Zip.

Zilch.

Nada.



I thought: BRILLIANT!  A paperless Christmas!

Her theory is this: If 'Santa' brings the gifts, he doesn't NEED to wrap them plus, it looks nicer to see all the lovely items decoratively displayed under the tree for the kids to be delightfully expressing 'Oohs and Aahs.'  Good point, mama friend! Kudos to you on that!

I'm out of luck on that idea because I've already wrapped every single gift for the girls.  Plus, I would totally hate to rip apart all of that paper all by myself.

So much better for them to do it themselves!  

I must confess, I do feel bad about wasting paper but the sound of tearing off paper from the gifts on Christmas morning kind of makes the anticipation of seeing their little faces so much more delightful.

I may just ditch the wrapping altogether next year.  We'll see.

It would ACTUALLY be a laid back Christmas for me if I didn't wrap ANY gifts but then I'd have to deal with the 'I saw it first so it's MINE' drama.  Pass.

PLUS, the girls are totally buying the idea that this creepy little dude, aka 'Jack', aka 'Elf on the Shelf', is the one helping 'Santa' wrap all of their lovely gifts.  


Our 'Jack' hanging upside down from a corner wall by the tree.  What a weirdo! 

Who knows, my kids just may have ME totally buying 
that THEY are totally buying the whole 'Jack' thing? 
I shall continue to wonder...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs