Simple little Christmas {and some festivities}

Here in the Jubis household, there were three very sweet and very appreciative little girls that shared a very simple little Christmas day with their mama and daddy.

*The girls...Giddy & Bright*


*BUT I will now share this tidbit*

I was utterly EXHAUSTED from the night before.  Actually, that would be a complete UNDERSTATEMENT as to the way I physically and emotionally felt.

My darling husband and I hosted the family Christmas party this year.  It was something we decided to do because my most gracious AND self-less mother-in-law is the one that normally takes on this giant task with no 'pre' OR 'post' help.  Plus, I love her dearly.  We have a great relationship.  She's so special and sweet and loving and she gets me.  I'm lucky.  And she's almost 72 years old!

Heck, I'm 34 and I was totally spent so I CANNOT imagine a women of my MIL's age doing all that alone!

(insert passive aggressive sarcasm here)
All I have to say is that I have THREE daughters and you better BELIEVE that one day, they will be assisting their mama with celebratory pre AND post help.  No.  Excuses.  Period.

SO, since we did not go out of town this year (last year we were in Oregon with friends), we made it our task to host.  The truth is that we love having people over.

The most exhausting part was preparing the entire party alone.  Stuff gets really crazy with three children and limited hands.  Nope, I never grew that third and fourth arm.  Shucks!

My AMAZING and BRILLIANT (yes, I gloat about him with no shame) husband took the three girls and spent the entire day with them while I prepared and did what I had to do to get the house in tip top shape.  He was my secret weapon.  I love you, crazy! ♥

Naturally, my guests arrived at eight o'clock p.m. sharp and I was STILL in black leggings, flip-flops, a sweaty tee-shirt and my hair looking like I had stepped out of a whirl wind machine.

My dear friend (& sitter) saved my delayed self by brushing the girls' hair and keeping some things in check while I got ready.  She was also my shoulder to cry and vent on when I was about to lose it in my bathroom as well.  She brought me a decadent chocolate treat to ease my anxiety.  Yum!  She's awesome.  Thank you, Grachu!

One hour later, I made my 'hostess' entrance.  Finally!

All in all, the party was a sheer success! Yay! Everyone ate, laughed, talked, danced, children ran around giddy and shrieking happy sounds and then it was over.  Thank.  Goodness.

If you're wondering if I'd do it all over again then your answer is, Yes!  I WILL do it again because as long as my sweet MIL does NOT have to work, I'm happy to host but hopefully with a WHOLE lot more help next time.

Enjoy some Christmas morning moments of my three sweet little girls now...

*Sabrina was anxious for THAT Monster High girl*

*Hubby and I spent an hour putting that little house together the night before*

*Luna loves laptops*

*Sponge Bob Lego madness*

*Felt food is fun*

*Liv Girl craze*

*Kalina has La La Loopsy fever* 

*Monster High Madness*



*For the Architect in him*

*The aftermath*
Seriously considering going 'paperless' next year.

*Love*

*tiny doll fun*

*Miss Goldie was part of the fun too!*

It was simple. 
It was fun.
It was quiet.
Now my work is done.
Til next Christmas! 







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family! Looks like you enjoyed the holidays - despite the clean up and mountains of paper.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs