Love at first PAW

Spring is a special time for me.
For many reasons.  

For one, I got married in the spring (April.)

I also met my beloved fur ball, Miss Goldie.
My cheeky, 6.5 pound, fluffy Pomeranian.

She was a gift.  From my boyfriend (later husband).


{Miss Goldie 2002}

Miss Goldie and I met in Miami Beach, on Lincoln Road (a popular scene)
while I was strolling hand in hand with my boyfriend.
Miss Goldie was being strolled around in a double baby stroller
with about ten other baby Poms (her siblings.)

Her breeders were a very handsome gay couple (think 'Modern Family'-Cam & Mitchell) 
The attention and love they put into breeding Pomeranians is exceptional.  

Our 'meet cute' was perfect.
Two very blonde, contagiously lovable
and outrageously enthusiastic creatures
found one another while 'strolling' along.

It was love at first paw...

I spotted her from across the way.  She was sitting up top the stroller canopy.
Her pillowy blonde puff ball of hair stood out like a glistening diamond.  

I walked up to the 'puppy' baby stroller
and without prompting Miss Goldie to come to me,
she wriggled her way through six other baby Poms
and right up to my out stretched hand
and placed her teeny tiny fluffy paw in it.

Sold.

She was barely 3 months old.  She'll be turning 10 years old on January 26, 2012
and she's still the ONE fur ball I cannot live without... I hope she's around for the next 12 years
(at least!)

Miss Goldie a/k/a 'Pee-tee-ti-ta' or 'Pee-di'


{Miss Goldie 2011}


{My first furry daughter & my first human daughter} 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs