Birthday 'day'!

My 'Red Velvet' Birthday cake

I didn't expect for my birthday to be as relaxing as it was.  And no, I don't mean the go out and get a massage, pedicure and manicure type of relaxing but quite the opposite.  I still did stuff but I was happy and content and simply care free.  Really! I cooked a big lunch for my family (including my Mom).  My Mom spent the entire day here with me which was very very nice.  I made grilled lean patties seasoned with cumin, salt and pepper.  I mixed a lovely garbanzo, parsley, grape tomato with lemon, olive oil and salt bean salad.  It was so terribly hot outside that something 'fresh' to accompany grilled patties did wonders.  We also had mixed baby greens with sliced haas avocados with radish slices.  It was simply lovely to share such a nice lunch on my birthday.  

Birthday lunch spread and the beautiful sunflowers my girls and hubby gave me...

The girls couldn't wait to sing 'Happy Birthday' to mommy so as soon as the last piece of meat and salad was scarfed, they excitedly sang me the 'Happy Birthday' jingle.  My eldest Sabrina added her own chime in of a 'cha-cha-cha' at the end.  Cake came early in the day because in all honesty, I didn't want to deal with the evening cake sugar rush and trying to get my little darlings to sleep.  No way! Not today! 

Blowing out my candles.  Notice Sabrina placing her hand over Kalina's mouth
for her to NOT blow them out
.  

So what's a birthday without a little drama to deal with?! Well, my youngest was angry because her sisters didn't let her blow out some of my candles (see pic above for the real story!) so to appease her little fired up three year old self, I re-lit all the candles and then, she incinerated one of her beautiful golden CURLS! Yikes! What the heck??  I tried to get her to blow candles not burn her hair! It was fine though because I was able to catch it in time.  Whew! She was happy again after she blew them out.  

My girls ♥

Again, thank you for all the lovely birthday wishes I received via my Facebook page, text messages and phone calls.  I felt very very loved today but it was especially wonderful to celebrate with my little family.  I love you all... 

left overs!

Gratefully,
Vanessa Jubis~




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs