Sisters sharing {sketching}

We took a field trip to an outdoor mall in West Palm Beach.  My husband works in the area twice a week and for over a month now, I've been lending my car to my mother.  Her car died and she's saving up for a new one.  In the meantime, I do what I can to help her.  It's what daughters do (I guess).

My daughters, on the other hand, had a pretty cool day.  We went to Barnes and Noble and I read aloud six book to them (I love love love Mo Willems and his crazy pigeon).  Sabrina read Fancy Nancy.  Then they counted all the stuffed animals on the shelves, lined them up for a performance and later pretended that they lived during the ice age by escaping the giant dinosaurs and hiding under the Thomas the Tank Engine train table.  They used their resources, that's all that matters.

But the best part of the day for me was watching the two bigger sisters share a bench and sketch in their new 'scratch books'.  A book that has black coated pages and glitter beneath each page as they 'scratch' designs or pictures with a wooden pencil 'tool'.  So amusing for them! Sabrina naturally drew her own pictures.  Luna decided to copy all the names of the stores around her in the open terrace we were in.  Kalina slept soundly in her stroller (thank goodness!)


Two sisters share sketching time (quietly, for once).


One sister peeks over...Hmmm....what's she drawing??


One mama revels in the simple beauty of her daughters sharing a moment...lovely



It was a great day.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs