Letter to {my organ}...



Dear Heart,

You were the first sign of life before I looked like a curled up shrimp.  It was you that supplied the necessary beats to account for my life.  You like to resemble the size of my fist which can actually use a bit more moisturizer but how would you know, you're stuck in my chest cavity.  Aside from the vital aspects of you, I hold you in high regard because you see, you take some pounding every now and again.  Not the physical type of pounding like that of a gorilla hitting it's chest, no, more like the emotional pounding of a broken heart shattered by contempt.

You carry the burden of a heavy heart and also the joys of a heart that wants to sing and sometimes even the sadness of disappointment because that's how you beat.  That's how you sound and live and pump inside this chest cavity that bears your weight.  It doesn't matter how many times you've pumped moments of bliss or moments of pleasures or even moments of pain, you continue to pump your life and replenish your wounds because you live for me.  You've lived to recover from any emotional burden that threatens your skill.  You're a master of resilience and a lover of peace.  You recognize when I've had enough and you know when I need to make more space for one more wonder.

I thank you lovely organ heart.  Thank you for holding my love for the world.  Thank you for holding my burdens and joys, my sadness and guilt and even the love that I retain from those who have betrayed me because you've shown me that it's better to love than to envy or hate.  Thank you for turning my trampled heart into a shield of strength because without your desire to drive the life through me, I would be nothing.  Here is to an organ worth every second of sound, every flitting of love, every wrecked dream and every moment of truth.  I heart you lovely organ!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs