You'd be surprised too!

Okay, so it's no big news flash that I live in one of the 'rudest', 'crudest' and 'crassest' cities, M-I-A-M-I.  Welcome to it! Yes, it's true! Okay fine, we were ranked #4 according to ONE survey but still, that's the TOP 5!  What?!?!  In all seriousness, I really need to sensor my 'potty mouth' as it is because believe me, my five and seven year olds have dropped the 'jack ass' bomb around a few times.  OH, SHAME ON YOU MAMA SCRIBBLE! Yes, it's true, I get very angry (nose flaring and all) at the impossibly rude and may I say idiotic drivers we Miamian's have driving around this city.  But there is a silver lining to this rant, believe me, just wait!

Just today my darling and adorably four foot eleven (give or take an inch with her tall hair) inch Mother-in- Law was doing her bi-weekly Costco run, now mind you, she's 71 years old but knows how to stand her ground.  It was raining cows and dogs and she had to manage to put all her shopping away in her car trunk, holding an umbrella, her purse dangling from her shoulder and her sheer will to not get her hair wet.

The parking lot was swarming with cars that wanted to either park or simply get out.  From the corner of her eye, my MIL noticed a lady watching her.  The lady was probably around fifty years of age.  This 'Miami' lady, got out of her car, in the middle of the rain, walked up to my MIL and and sweetly told her to 'here, take your purse and get into your car so that you don't get wet.  I'll put your groceries away.'  My MIL was completely astounded at this lady's self-less act and desire to help an elderly person.  She graciously accepted her offer, walked around to the driver's side (while still trying to avoid getting too wet) and sat in her car.  She waited.  She was so incredibly moved by this person's act of kindness that she started to cry right there in her bucket seat and little damp feet.  When the lady was done, my MIL gave her all the blessings that she could impart on such a lovely, sweet and generous soul and was eternally grateful to her.

There you have it! Even in a rude and crass city like this one, there still are a few selfless, generous and kind individuals, you just never know when you'll be lucky enough to meet one.

♥ Mama Scribble

2 comments:

Justine Raphael said...

She must be a lovely lady to attract such kindness! And in my experience, that can happen anywhere....

Vanessa Jubis said...

She is! She's adorable and so incredibly sweet it's almost difficult NOT to want to help her ;) Yes, this is true, agree...

vj

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs