It's days like these...

It's days like these when you open your e-mail inbox to find a lovely little surprise waiting for you.  These are the little surprises that give us writers more reason to acknowledge that some pretty cool publication actually diggs our voice and/or writing style.  Is it easy to put something interesting, funny, factual, raw or serious together?  Heck NO! Don't think that I wake up knowing what I'm going to scribble about on any particular day.  I don't have a plethora of cascading ideas swimming upstream like wild brave Salmon.  No, I must dig, I must scrape away at, I must be present (in the midst of my own chaos), I must do and try and 'just keep swimming' like that absent minded little blue fish's grand ole motto!  There is no 'perfect formula' to the act of sharing my thoughts, feelings and/or likes and dislikes with you, my readers.  I just do what I know I CAN do which is be ME.

So it's days like these, yes, days like these that I'm reminded that while I may not have the fun and crazy novel that is perched up on my dusty dark chocolate book shelf published YET, I do have something of value to add to parents alike, to mothers that go through the same (or not) troubles and joys and fears and doubts, etc., that I go through every single waking day.  It's days like these that I am thankful to add, inspire, take away (to some degree) or simply make you feel like there is yet another raw, imperfect and passionate individual that is also a mother, wife, daughter, niece or friend out there.  I can only hope that I continue to do what I do best which is to simply be REAL with all of you.  Thank you for cheering me on! Here's to my first 'soon to be' published little article on a very very cool online magazine/website.  Yes, I signed a lovely little contract today and I could not be happier! THANK YOU! (I'll keep the name a surprise until they publish it.)  Stay tuned!

PS
I love my readers!

Vanessa 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs